My Guide Website?
From Byron Bay: Platypus Spotting Walk1 Reviews
Head out on a stroll through a picturesque creek where you will be able to spot up to 4 platypi, as well as some koalas and a range of Australian bird species.
- Witness platypus in their natural habitat
- Benefit from the knowledge of your environmental scientist guide
- Sit down to a delicious picnic breakfast made from local produce
DescriptionGet up close and personal with Australia's famous platypus on this tour. After getting picked up from your hotel in Byron Shire before dawn, head to a special creek where you will be able to watch the sunrise. At the creek, take a pair of binoculars and begin your 1.2-kilometer walk. The platypus are very shy, but if you stay still and quiet, you will hopefully get to spot up to 4 of these unique creatures, either in the pond or on land. During this walk, you will also get to admire a range of bird species, including the beautiful azure kingfisher, and you may even get to spot a cheeky koala. Finish your tour with a picnic breakfast before returning to your accommodation, just in time for check-out if you need to leave that day.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Environmental scientist guide Binoculars Picnic breakfast Bottled water
- Platypus spottings cannot be guaranteed, however, they are spotted on around 90% of tours
- If you do not see any platypus on your tour you will be invited to join the tour on another day free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now