My Guide Website?
Byron Bay: Sea Turtle Snorkel Tour in Julian Rocks Reserve24 Reviews
Explore the unique underwater life around the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve on a snorkel tour. Encounter friendly sea turtles, wobbegong sharks, graceful rays, and an abundance of colorful fish.
- Swim and snorkel around the Julian Rock Marine Reserve in Byron Bay
- Observe sea turtles, manta rays, and a variety of fish
- Free 30-minute snorkeling lesson before tour, if desired
- Take the chance to see three different kinds of sea turtles
DescriptionHead out to sea on a fun snorkel tour around the unique Julian Rocks Marine Reserve, as it combines the marine life found in the deep Southern Ocean as well as that found in the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Arrive at the Byron Bay Dive Centre either at your scheduled departure time or, if you’d like a free snorkel lesson, arrive 30 minutes before departure to practice in the heated pool. All tour participants must be able to swim to participate in this tour. Receive a short safety briefing before heading out to the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Journey to The Pass, about a 10-minute ride, and learn about this snorkeling spot. Get in the water for a 1-hour swim. Spot underwater creatures such as small wobbegong sharks, hard and soft corals, an assortment of rays, and three different kinds of sea turtles. Look for more than 400 different species of fish that make this area their home, and ask any questions you may have to the qualified dive staff. Head back to shore for a hot shower and some time spent with the crew identifying the creatures you saw.
IncludesFull equipment hire (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit) Free snorkel lesson in our on-site heated training pool Boat ride to Julian Rocks Snorkel guide for the duration of your snorkel Transport to and from the dive store to the launch site Bottled water on board the vessel Lockers and wet and dry storage area
- Children must be accompanied by an adult Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to snorkeling. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from snorkeling, please consult your doctor. Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.