My Guide Website?
Byron Bay: Certified Dive Tour
Get closer to the reserve’s vibrant corals and marine life, with the chance to spot manta rays, wobbegong sharks, sea turtles, and over 500 species of fish.
- Enjoy up to 50 minutes scuba diving in the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve
- Spot marine life including mantas, wobbegong sharks, and three different types of sea turtle
- Benefit from a small-group size limited to 11 people
- Relax in the knowledge that you are safe and prepared with expert crew members
DescriptionTake part in a certified dive at one of Australia’s top 10 dive sites, Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Whether you are an experienced diver or newly certified, you can tailor your dive to suit your needs. See the diversity of marine life, ranging from leopard sharks and manta rays in summer months to grey nurse sharks in the winter. Before reaching Julian Rocks, one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites you will receive a safety briefing from the skipper of the vessel. You'll be provided with a snorkel, mask, fins, wet suit, BCD, regulator, cylinder, and weight belt by one of the friendly crew and instructed where to leave your bags, valuable items, and personal belongings. The crew will set up the equipment and you will be required to check this prior to departure. Transport will be provided to The Pass, where the boats are launched to take you on a very short 5-10 minute boat ride out to the scuba diving destination. Keep an eye out for dolphins and whales on the boat ride. Once you reach Julian Rocks, the skipper will brief all dive guides on the area you will be diving. The crew will assist you into your equipment and you will perform a buddy check before entering the water. Then enjoy up to 50-minutes in the water scuba diving with three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over 400 different species of fish. Return to the dive shop there are hot showers and the dive crew will help you fill out your logbooks and identify some of the creatures you saw.
IncludesFull equipment hire if required The boat ride to Julian Rocks Guided dives out at Julian Rocks Transport to and from the dive store to the launch site Hot shower back at Dive Shop
- All participants must have dived within the last 12 months
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to scuba diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from scuba diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please bring your certification card and logbook
- If only 1 dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than 1 dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended